24

Hippies rejoice! VW unveils new version of microbus

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


Volkswagen AG is resurrecting its iconic microbus, which debuted in 1950 and became a favorite of hippies for its unique styling and copious space for travelers. 

Volkswagen is showing a concept version of the van — known by its German nickname, the Bulli — at the Geneva Auto Show this week. Among the six-seater's modern twists: It's powered by an electric motor and uses an iPad to control the entertainment system, climate control and other functions.

Volkswagen said the Bulli can go up to 186.4 miles on a single battery charge. That's far, considering that the Nissan Leaf is rated at 73 miles on a charge by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The Bulli can go up to 87 miles per hour.

via MSNBC.com

24 Responses to "Hippies rejoice! VW unveils new version of microbus"

ScottD Says:

now its for hipsters not hippies :(

D4 Says:

I've been in love with these ever since I first saw one years and years ago. They're common here, the old ones, but the people who own them have to give them self maintenance because theres little mechanics who know how to work with them. This though, oh man am I pumped. I want one!

leanmeansteen Says:

looks a lot like a scion xb to me but i'd really like to see one in person. i like how small it looks

donga5000 Says:

Looks cool, I wouldn't buy one but I'm sure they'll be others would

Shopping Tips Says:

massive amount good information, I come back on this page consistently and am delighted along with your the latest, A big heads up!

llllollllll Says:

Bout time really.

Electric Addict Says:

I want an electric car pretty badly

zepdragon Says:

Can't say this was never expected, but I certainly never considered it. Other than wanting to know whether the Ipad is removable/not from the van, Great Post!

abigbluebox.com

Juvie Says:

This looks like it will appeal to families rather than hippies this time around! I'd buy one tomorrow if it were available. In the meantime, we'll have to manage in our Prius.

cfp certified financial planner Says:

Yes !! It will again be a blast. It is very blast news. I am waiting for it very curiously.

Irev Says:

the design is pretty interesting! =)

Sae Says:

that is such a cool car!

Lukas Says:

Woah! So hot! :)

Revival Clocks Says:

How cool is this new VW, i really like it.

Acer product Says:

This car formerly hope my ex-girlfriend ..
I was reminded when you see this car

sex toys Says:

Love that car!

Australia classified ads Says:

Awesome car.I love this car. Golf Shirt

Mobile Phones Australia Says:

Wow! VW have gone from dorky to cool. Again!

nikhil Says:

Looks cool, I wouldn't buy one but I'm sure they'll be others would

Labret studs Says:

Microbus revealed Excellent information. Thanks for sharing

Promotional Codes Says:

Excellent product with excellent description.

gluten free baking Says:

Thank you very much for giving me this chance and writing such an interesting blog. Good recipes.

Discount Code Says:

It seems to be perfect man. I wish I can buy one.

Body Kits Says:

One of the nice vehicles I have ever seen in the history.